For security reasons and to guard you against identity theft, we have the following limits in place for your first 30 days as an account holder:
For the first week:
- $100 a day for online withdrawals/transfers
Then, for the remaining three weeks:
- $500 total daily limit for any combination of cash withdrawals, PIN purchases, or any charges requiring your signature, of holding an account.
- $500 daily transfer limit, both incoming and outgoing
After this initial 30 day timeframe, then you have:
- $5,000 per day external transfer limit
- $500 per day cash limit (ATM withdrawal)**
- $2,000 per day PIN-based (debit) limit
- $2,000 per day signature-based (credit) limit
** To request an increase in your ATM withdrawal limit, please call or live chat our customer support, as early on in the day as you can, on the day you would like the increase to be effective. The request will be submitted pending review, and a temporary lift on the limits can be provisionally granted for that business day only (expiry of the increase is 8pm EST). Our recommendation to call or chat us early in the day, is due to the approval, which can take time to be received.
Online transfers & wires:
- Transfers initiated by 11:00am EST will clear within 2 business days.
- Wire transfers out – received by 3pm EST will be debited same day.
- Wire transfers in – received by 3pm EST should also be credited same day but are subject to the other party’s bank’s process.
NOTE: Wire transfers out of the account cannot be completed within the first 90 days.
Check and Cash Deposits:
- Check deposits: Checks deposited at an ATM or through the mail should become available in full 2-3 business days after being deposited. If deposited before 3:30pm EST / 12:30pm PST on a business day, the check would become available 2 business days after the day of deposit. If deposited after that daily cutoff time, or on a non-business day, the check would become available 3 business days after the day of deposit. NOTE: Checks deposited within the first 30 days an account has been open are subject to a 5 business day hold, as are checks over $5,000. There can be exceptions on a case-by-case basis, so please do keep in mind that, while infrequent, checks can be held after the 30 day mark as well.
- Cash deposits: Cash deposits are treated the same as check deposits (see above) and money order deposits. NOTE: Cash deposited within the first 30 days an account has been open is subject to a 5 business day hold.
Mobile Check Deposit:
- "For Mobile Deposit Only" must be written on the back of your check to be accepted.
- Checks deposited via the mobile app become available 1-2 business days after being deposited. If deposited before 4:00pm EST / 1:00pm PST on a business day, the check would become available 1 business day after the day of deposit. If deposited after that daily cutoff time, or on a non-business day, the check would become available 2 business days after the day of deposit. NOTE: Checks deposited within first 30 days have a 5 business day hold. There can be exceptions on a case-by-case basis, so please do keep in mind that, while infrequent, checks can be held after the 30 day mark as well.
- Checks deposited via the mobile app cannot exceeded $5,000 daily, or $50,000 over a period of ten business days.
- Please do not discard the check - you must retain it in case there are any issues with deposit, for a period of 90 days.
Transactions and Balances:
- Balance and transaction history – accounts are updated in real time.
- As long as you see a green dot next to your balance, you know the information is no more than 15 minutes old. If you notice an orange dot, the data is no more than 24 hours old, and you should see the date and time stamp of the most recent update!
Please note that business days are Monday-Friday, excluding federal holidays. If you make a deposit after the cutoff time or on a non-business day, the deposit will be made the next business day.