We offer mobile check deposit so you can easily deposit checks through the app. To make a deposit, open the mobile app, tap the Manage Money icon, then tap Check Deposits.
We’ll give you a reminder in the app every time you deposit, but before depositing your check, you’ll need to make sure that:
- The back of the check is endorsed with your signature.
- "For mobile deposit only to Aspiration Financial" is written underneath your signature.
It’s also good to keep in mind that:
- Checks deposited via the app cannot exceed $50,000 over a period of ten business days.
- Once you’ve been with us for 30 days, deposits are available within 1-2 business days. Checks submitted before 2pm PT will be processed that day.
- During your first 30 days as a customer, all check deposits are subject to a 5 business day hold.
- In some cases checks are held for longer than 2 business days, on a case-by-case basis, even after the 30 day mark.
- Partial or early release of funds is NOT available with mobile check deposit.
- Business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Federal holidays. If you make a deposit after the cutoff time, or on a non-business day, the deposit will be processed the next business day.
- We cannot accept checks that have been signed over from another individual (despite the endorsement).
For checks larger than $5,000:
First, deposit the check using mobile check deposit in the app. Then, wait for an email from us with next steps.
If we ask you to mail us the physical check, you’ll mail it to our partner bank: Coastal Community Bank, PO Box 2103, Everett, WA 98213.
Please note: mailing in the check without first depositing it via mobile check deposit will result in the check being sent back to you. Check processing times will begin once the check is received at the address above.