We offer mobile check deposit so you can easily deposit checks through the app. To make a deposit, open the mobile app, tap the Manage Money icon, then tap Check Deposits.
We’ll give you a reminder in the app every time you deposit, but before depositing your check, you’ll need to make sure that:
- The back of the check is endorsed with your signature.
- "For mobile deposit only to Aspiration Financial" is written underneath your signature.
It’s also good to keep in mind that:
- Checks deposited via the app cannot exceed $50,000 over a period of 30 rolling calendar days.
- Once you’ve been with us for 30 days, deposits are available within 1-2 business days. Checks submitted before 2pm PT will be processed that day.
- During your first 30 days as a customer, all check deposits are subject to a 5 business day hold.
- In some cases checks are held for longer than 2 business days, on a case-by-case basis, even after the 30 day mark.
- Partial or early release of funds is NOT available with mobile check deposit.
- Business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Federal holidays. If you make a deposit after the cutoff time, or on a non-business day, the deposit will be processed the next business day.
- We cannot accept checks that have been signed over from another individual (despite the endorsement).
For checks larger than $5,000:
Checks larger than $5,000 can be deposited via our mobile app. If accepted, checks must also be physically mailed to our partner bank for final processing. Please keep this in mind before moving forward with a mobile check deposit.
If you submit a check larger than $5,000 for mobile deposit and it is accepted, you will receive an email from our team with instructions on where to mail it for processing.
Once your check arrives at our partner bank, it will be processed in 1-2 business days. Items submitted for greater than $5,000 may be subject to an extended, large deposit hold.
For further information, see the Aspiration Funds Availability Policy found at https://www.aspiration.com/policies.